Bits x Bites News
Bits x Bites is Hiring
Bits x Bites is looking for individuals passionate about food tech to join our team. The open positions are Chinese Communications Manager and Investment Manager. Both roles are based in Shanghai.
Bits x Bites is China’s pioneer food tech VC. We invest in people and technology to create more sustainable food systems.
By joining the team, you will be able to work alongside passionate, talented individuals who are at the forefront shaping the future of good food and accelerating China’s food tech ecosystem.
To apply, email your Chinese and English CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include the position and your name in the subject line.
* Develop thought leadership content to grow food tech knowledge amongst Chinese startups, investors, and corporates
* Take charge of company’s ongoing Chinese writing and translation requirements, including outbound and in-house materials, while acting as a gatekeeper to ensure all Chinese materials are accurate and meet professional standards
* Project-manage and support communications initiatives and events as required
* Cultivate relationships with Chinese media and event organizers
The ideal candidate:
* Has 5-8 years of communications experience as a journalist, professional writer or working experience in a PR agency or in-house PR team
* Is an exceptional Chinese writer with journalistic experience creating informative content, preferably related to business and technology
* Has excellent spoken and written English proficiency
* Is curious and resourceful in investigating a range of new topics
* Has relentless attention to detail as a proofreader and project manager
* Is committed to environmental and food sustainability issues
* Produce industry research reports on food technology and consumer package goods
* Conduct and analyze macro market research and present insights to team
* Evaluate startup pipeline companies
* Perform due diligence reports on a startup’s technology, product, market, and team
The ideal candidate:
* Has a Bachelor’s degree or above from a top-tier university. Overseas educational background preferred
* Has 3-5 years of experience in investment research including buy side or sell side, venture capital, or private equity
* Knowledge in biosciences or prior entrepreneurship experience preferred
* Is proficient in Excel and PPT
* Has good written and spoken Mandarin and English